December 22nd, 2013
Burns Memorial United Methodist Church,
Welcome and Introduction
Pastor, Will Morris
Centering Time for Worship Twas in the Moon of Wintertime
Trio; Holly Armstrong, Ismael Toledo & Colin Armstrong - Organist, Peggy Blocker
Hymn of Promised Coming "O Come, O Come Emmanuel," verses 1 - 4
United Methodist Hymnal # 211
Lighting of the Advent Candles Pastor, Will Morris
Isaiah 9:6: For a child has been born for us, a son given to us;
authority rests upon his shoulders;
and he is named Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
We light this candle as a symbol of the Prince of Peace.
May the visitation of your Holy Spirit, O God,
make us ready for the coming of Jesus, our hope and joy.
O come, O come, Emmanuel.
Advent Prayer Liturgist, Carolyn Mackes
Hebrew Bible Lesson Isaiah 7:10-16 Liturgist, Calrolyn Mackes
(also includes readings below)
Psalm Reading Psalm 80: Liturgist, Calrolyn Mackes
Response: Have Thine Own Way, Lord Burns' Chancel Choir
Epistle Lesson Romans 1:1-7 Deacon, Rev. Daniel Klawitter
Gospel Lessons Matthew 1:18-25 Pastor, Will Morris
Christmas Cantata "Ceremony of Candles" Burns Chancel Choir
Complete fie by Joseph Martin Directed by, Don Boylls
Pianist, Peggy Blocker
1 Introduction - "Promise of Light"
2. Narration - "In the Bleak Midwinter," Soloist, Diana Hunt
3. Narration - 'The Promised Light"
4. Narration - "An Advent Credo"
5. Narration - "Advent Celebration"
6. Narration - "Bethlehem Light "
7. Narration - "In Silence He Came," Soloist, Holly Armstrong
8. Narration: "Rise and Shine"
9. Narration: "Invitation to the Manger"
10. All is Calm, All is Bright
11.Narration: A Blessing of Light
Narrator Kathi Moton